Monday, June 28, 2010

Homemade Cutting Dies



I've been searching for a way to cut felt without spending hours cutting out flowers. Paper craft punches, even the larger ones, just aren't hefty enough, and I haven't been able to find any felt punches. I've thought about purchasing one of the die cutting machines, but that is a pretty large price tag for saving myself a little time with a pair of scissors, and I'm not ready to make that purchase. Maybe when I become a little more addicted to scrap booking.

Rishnai has created tutorial for creating homemade cutting dies out of tin cans. The tutorial can be found on Instructables.com, and it doesn't look to difficult. I will definitely be using wood instead of foam, but other than it looks pretty straight forward. It is definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment