Monday, May 31, 2010

Planting Trees


Trees were seventy-five percent off at Atwood's this weekend, so we bought a car load.

How many trees do you think can fit in the back of a Volvo with one child in the back seat. Apparently nine trees and two pineapple plants, because that's what we were able to get in mine. When my husband was unloading it, it looked like a clown car from the circus. You know the kind that seem to have an endless space available. Of course the tallest trees were also sticking out the sunroof.

We bought four plum trees, two peach trees, one weaping willow, and two pine trees, in addition to the two nectarine trees my husband already purchased this week. I always loved picking fresh plums from my grandma's trees when I was little. I hope these trees do well in my backyard so I can relive some of those old memories with some delicious fresh plums.

This picture is Coral's impersonation of child being attacked by a tree monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment