Monday, June 21, 2010

DIY Scrabble Tiles



Do you remember how hard it is to stop popping bubble wrap once you get started? Well, I've found a new OCD obsession, sanding wooden tiles.

Every local craft store has recently run out of small square wooden tiles, letter or otherwise, so I decided to improvise. I purchased a stick of wood .75 inches thick and 36 inches long, and my dear husband cut it into small tiles for jewelry. DIY scrabble tiles! They were raw and ugly right off of the saw blade, but with a little sanding I think I like them better than the tiles I usually purchase at the craft store. Even better, these are just the right size for my .75 inch paper punch, where the scrabble tiles were just a hair to large.

The only problem is, once I grab a sanding sponge and get started sanding it is really, really hard to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment