Wednesday, June 16, 2010

T shirt Bikini Sewing Project



I finished my t shirt bikini. I didn't exactly follow any of the tutorials, but mixed bits and pieces of them, along with tips found in forum posts.

Some tidbits...t-shirts stretch, and of course they also become a little transparent when wet. To solve this issue, I used a lined both the top and bottom with another material. I was going to go with the swimsuit fabric at JoAnn. It is 90% polyester and 10% spandex. Since I really didn't need a lot of stretch, I went with the 100% polyester, at one third the price of the swimsuit fabric. I also used this for the ties.

Now on to the cover up, because I sure am not wearing a bikini without covering it up. Not until I'm a few shades darker anyway. I would hate to blind someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment