Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Plastic Storage Bins


Today I'm sharing some more really old pictures. This is my cheap storage solution for my craft/computer room. These are expensive plastic storage boxes from Wal-mart. I printed labels for each of them on card stock, and decoupaged them to the end of the box. Not only can I tell at a glance what is in the boxes, it also makes them look not quite so blah.

These have held up very well. I made them over a year ago, and no labels have pealed off. I wasn't sure at the time, because I had never decoupaged anything prior. The only complaint I have is I've now out grown them, and need to put up some more shelves with more boxes.

By the way, the shelves, they are closet doors from Habitat for Humanity. I think they were about $5. I can't remember if that was each or total. These are much longer than the shelves that were available at Lowe's and Home Depot. They are also hollow, so they aren't nearly as heavy as a regular piece of wood. They are also extremely sturdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment